Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Review: Gothic Lolita Wigs

Sorry for my lack of posts recently, I've been quite sick and unable to focus but I'm going to try and get my strength back and keep posting :)


Gothic Lolita Wigs is a very popular company based in America that sells all kinds of wigs perfect for Japanese Fashion styles. They have everything from pastel wigs, short wigs, wavy wigs, mixed wigs, natural wigs and more. Having heard so many mixed reviews about this company, I was excited to buy my very first wig from them and see for myself what they were like. When you go onto the website, it's very easy to navigate around. All the wigs are separated into categories and each wig has a well written description and accurate photographs. I knew exactly the style of wig I was looking for so it didn't take me long to find one but I can imagine you could spend hours on the website looking at all the different wigs. 


When I found the wig I wanted, I noticed that it was sold out so I immediately contacted them via Twitter to ask when it would be back in stock. I got a response back within half an hour explaining that the company had one left in stock and that they would be happy to send an invoice directly to my email so I could purchase it. To me, that's just excellent customer service. They guided me through the payment process and sent me a tracking number when the payment had been confirmed. A week later, my wig has arrived and I'm in love!!!



The wig comes with a hair sock for your real hair and a hair net to keep your wig in. I'm looking for a polystyrene head so I can keep the shape and quality of the wig in good condition. The wig itself it's ridiculously soft, it's so silky and curls are just adorable. The wig I chose comes with a long side fringe but I'm wanting to cut that into a blunt full fringe so it'll feel a little more natural to me. 

(excuse my smashed phone case :( )


The colour I chose is mint because it's one of my favourite hair colours and it's the last hair colour I had before I dyed my hair dark :) The colour is really lovely and it looks really healthy and soft. Having worn wigs before (I was a dancer and had to wear them for costumes a lot), it wasn't a weird feeling but if you aren't used to wearing wigs, you may feel a little weight on your head and sometimes it can feel quite warm if you wear them for a long period of time. The quality is really good because it doesn't itch your head at all :) 

The cost of this wigs was around £25.00 plus shipping. I think it's completely reasonable considering how good the wig actually is. I've seen some pretty bad wigs but these seem to fit perfectly and look (almost) natural. Inside the wig, there is an adjustable strap so you can change it to fit your head. 




So, to sum up, Gothic Lolita Wigs is definitely an excellent company. The wigs are fantastic quality, the shipping is fast and the price is extremely reasonable :) I would definitely purchase from them again and I thoroughly enjoyed my shopping experience with the company.

If you would like to check out Gothic Lolita Wigs, you can 'Click Here'

Thank you for reading :)
x<3




12 comments:

  1. Ooh lovely wig! Love the colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty wig! I love the colour a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg, That wig is super cute on you! I'm Glad you did this review because I was thinking about getting a wig soon! I just haven't decided on what color or style I'm looking for yet. ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww, thank you so much sweetie!!! I'm glad you like the review, i hope that you find the perfect wig for yourself :)
      x<3

      Delete
  4. I love that wig so much! It looks great on you. :)
    I've been looking for a nice mint wig too, I only have lilac ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie :) Try the Gothic Lolita Wigs site, it's pretty good and they ship internationally :)
      x<3

      Delete
  5. Wow!!You look amazing wearing it ^__^
    Now I have dyed pink hair but I love pastel colors and I'll think about buying 1 pastel wig.Thank you for your review!!
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweetie :) I'm glad that you've found it helpful, i hope that you find a lovely wig for yourself! I love pink hair too hehe
      X<3

      Delete
  6. Can you tell me which style wig this is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure anon, it's a classic wavy in mint
      x<3

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving your comment, it really brightens up my day!
(´∀`)♡